Qualify for the UCI Worlds at the Neusiedlersee Radmarathon for free
This week, the UCI announced the complete calendar of qualifying races for the UCI Gran Fondo World Championships. Nex to the usual suspects, you'll come across a few names you might not know yet. How about the Neusiedlersee Radmarathon. A wonderful and super fast Austrian gran fond without too much climbing. The ideal opportunity for strong riders to qualify for the Worlds. You can be there, for free. We're raffling off tickets.
Need to know
- Date: April 23, 2023 (gran fondo) and April 22 (time trial).
- Starting place is Mörbisch am See in Burgerland, Austria. It's located on the eastern side of Austria, not far from the Hungarian border.
- A very fast course with no major climbs of 125 km / 600m+. But make no mistake, this is a serious gran fondo where very high speeds are achieved. World champion Stefan Kirchmair qualified here last year.
- It's te only qualifying race in Austria and Germany.
- There is also a time trial where you can qualify for this event at the World Championships.
- More info at CycloWorld or on the official website.
5 reasons why you don't want to miss this event
- One of the few chances to qualify for the World Championships as a non-climber. Fun fact: the World Championship in Glasgow will not be a climber's course either.
- Excellent Austrian organization (5*).
- Several fun side events including a kids race.
- Burgenland is a beautiful region. Perfect to combine with a (short) vacation or a visit to Vienna or Budapest.
- Good accessibility by car, but also by plane via Vienna.
I want to win a free ticket!
You have to do something for that, namely fill out this form. Do so before November 18. On that day, all registrants will receive an email with further instructions. Participation can only be done once person.