Short news: Alpenbrevet almost sold out and much more
Too short for an article of its own, but worth mentioning. In 'short news' we bundle short news items about sportives, gran fondos, marathons and so on.
- Only 25 spots are still available for the Alpenbrevet, reports the organization on Facebook. By the way, you should not want to ride the Platin distance then, because that was already sold out.
- BEAT Cycling is starting its own gran fondo team. A nice development! Should you be interested, all info can be found here.
- La Marmotte is organizing a webinar on 17-2 at 20:00 CET, with special focus on the ultrafondo. More info and registration can be done here.
- Registration for the Schleizer Dreieck Jedermanrennen (July 17) is open. During the month of febuary, take advantage of 11% early bird discount with the discount code SDJ2022.
- Also opening on 19-2 is registration for the Rhön Radmarathon on June 5. Attention! The long distances are usually full within a few hours.
- The course of the gran fondo Strade Bianche (March 6) has been announced. The organization promises (of the total 139 km) 22 km of gravel and 55 km of strade bianche, making the total number of unpaved kilometers higher than ever. Our partner Destinaton Sport Experiences still has race tickets! Book quickly before they're gone via this link.
- The course of Roc du Maroc, a tough MTB stage race through Morocco, takes place today. More info on the website.
- Some gran fondos form a series together, sometimes with rankings. Until recently we called this: 'gran fondo series'. On CycloWorld these series are now more visible: you find them directly under the 'Calendar' button. We have also changed something else. We have also made it possible to create series for gravel and MTB. For that reason, we renamed the 'Gran fondo series' to 'Series'.