Short news: cancellations due to snow, doping and more
It's snowing in large parts of Europe and that means cancellations. In addition, there is more short news.
- Several events have been canceled due to the winter weather. These include the Veluwe Heuveltocht and the French gran fondo La Bisou. If you're heading out this weekend, make sure you check whether your trip will go ahead.
- A small scandal at the GFNY Cannes. Continental rider Nickolas Zukowsky kept his girlfriend out of the wind for much of the race. However, he had not registered and thus rode black. His girlfriend finished 2nd, but was eventually disqualified.
- The Gran Fondo Stelvio Santini (June 12) has found a new variant of the Mortirolo for 2022. For those familiar in the area: the classic side starts in Mazzo. In recent years, the Mortirolo climb of this gran fondo went via Tovo. Now a new, spectacular route has been found from Sernio. This climb is 11 km long with 1229m+ (average 11.2%). Pieces above 20%, good luck! The complete route can be found here.
- The winner of the Nove Colli 2021 has been tested positive. Andrea Pisetta has been provisionally suspended because a prohibited substance was found during a check. It is still unclear which substance is involved. Pisetta is certainly not the first Italian who has been caught doping. Vincenzo Pisani was caught too last year.
- The registration for the Strade Bianche Achterhoek goes on April 1. And no, that's no joke.
Read also: Strade Bianche Achterhoek: dusty and fabulous
- Registration for the Erzgebirgstour is open. This German stage race will take place between July 8 and 10. There are 3 stages and one time trial.
- CycloWorld presents a new section on the website: Cycling Holidays. In the past, cycling vacations were in the regular calendar. That is now history. You can now find all cycling vacations in one clear list. Many more trips will be added in the near future. You can find the section Cycling Holidays in the main menu. Take a look.
- More website news. The detailed event pages are getting better and better filled and tailored to our visitors. Per direct you can find accommodation, for example through Booking.com, Interhome and Chalet.nl. At certain events you will also find a link to our new partner Eatmyride. With that, you can easily create a nutrition plan. Just take a look at a detailed page of La Marmotte.