Short news: Engadin Radmarathon, ORM and Zwift
As always, we'll be updating you with the latest news from the world of gran fondos, sportives and other cycling events.
- Registration for the Engadin Radmarathon (July 3) is open. The format of this wonderful gran fondo has changed considerably. The long route is cut into 2 short routes: one is run on Saturday and one on Sunday. There is also a prologue, which is a short mountain time trial. It will be held on Friday. We don't know if these changes are permanent or one-off. We will keep you informed.
- The registration for the draw of the Ötztaler Radmarathon (28-8) is open. You still have until 28-2 to register. The results will follow a week later. If you want to know more about the draw and how to increase your chances of being drawn, read this article.
- From tomorrow (8-2) it will be possible to buy tickets for the Global Bike Festival, an event of the well-known YouTube channel GCN. The event will take place from June 16 to 19 in Saalbach, Austria.
- Swift will in all likelihood come with its own hardware. A sneak peak can be found here.
- Belmer Radmarathon on 7-5 (near Osnabrück) cancelled. This time not because of corona but because of construction activities at the start location.
- The registration for the French gran fondo Les Marcaires on May 29 is open.
- Who wants to ride a gran fondo in France will have to be cured or fully vaccinated, including booster: the so-called 2G policy. It is unclear until when this measure will apply. As of February 15, the validity of a vaccination will be reduced to 4 months. This applies for the time being to persons over 18 years.
- The Highlander Radmarathon has unfortunately been canceled. The organization reports having problems getting enough staff and volunteers. This Austrian gran fondo was to take place on August 7.