Short news: Haute Route acquired, different finish Marmotte
This week too, there's plenty of short news from the world of cycling events. CycloWorld updates you.
- The IRONMAN Group has acquired Haute Route, report several media. The Epic Gravel Series, which Haute Route itself acquired earlier this year, will also go to the new owner. Cycling events are not new to the new buyer. For example, the Cape Epic MTB race was already owned by IRONMAN Group. It seems that the new buyer wants to slowly expand its portfolio of cycling events. IRONMAN Group itself, by the way, was acquired over a year ago by Advance, a private family-owned investment company that owns shares in amongst others Discovery Channel and Reddit.
- La Marmotte will not finish this year at the Palais des Sports, which is undergoing renovations. The participants will have to ride another kilometer further.
- CycloWorld reader Florian Buijs reports to us that the route of the world's oldest gran fondo, the Nove Colli, has been changed. Biggest changes are: a) climb of the Pugliano (nr 7) now starts in Novafeltria (with an extra steep start because of that) b) no more cross traffic after descent of Passo delle Siepi (nr 8) c) in descent on the SP30 halfway turn right. We've added the new route (provided by Florian) to the collection on Komoot. Thanks Florian! By the way, this event takes place this year on 26-9. Unfortunately, it's already fully booked.
- The Alpenbrevet reports on its Facebook page that the participant limit of 3000 has been reached. The event is therefore full.
- The La Chouffe Classic (21-08) will not go through the center of La Roche nor over La Haussire, due to consequences earlier severe weather.