Short news: l'Alsacienne, Sportful Gravel and more
CycloWorld has awoken from hibernation once again and updates you on cycling events. There is plenty to report.
- The French gran fondo l'Alsacienne 2022 will not take place. The reason is regrettable, there are health problems at the organizing committee. Whether the event returns in '23 is unclear.
- A similar story for the Mercan'Tour Bonette. Again, cancellation in 2022 due to health problems in one of the organizers. The corona pandemic also plays a role.
- The dates of the 20 "Radmarathons plus" for the Radmarathon Cup 2022 are known. When participating in 5 of them you can earn jersey if you have registered in advance. More info here.
- The Sportful Dolomiti Race is introducing a gravel event. The date: June 11, 2022. By the way, the road version will take place on June 19. Not much is known about this gravel fest yet, we'll keep you posted.
- Registration for the Velomediane (27-8) is open as of January 1.
- January 20 is another digital information session on YouTube for the Alpenbrevet (3-9). Should you be interested, tune in. More info on the website.
- Also Cycling Classics France presents a slimmed down program in 2022, exactly as they did in 2021. The following names will again not be organized in 2022: La Bourgogne, GF Gassin Golfe de Saint Tropez, GF La Morzine and the GF Mont Ventoux Beaumes de Venise. The following gran fondo's will continue: La Marmottes Alpes, Les 3 Ballons, GF Vosges, Tour du Mont Blanc and the Marmotte GF Valais. The Marmotte Pyrénées does appear to be returning this year on September 4. More info will follow.
- The Global Bike Festival, a multi-day event for both race and MTB, is returning. The event, co-organized by GCN, will take place from June 16-19 in Saalbach, Austria.