Short news: Ötztaler, Haute Route, Flanders
Also in the fall, we are happy to update you on the latest news from the gran fondo world.
- Today at 11:00 a.m. registration for Mallorca 312 (29-4) will open. The event is expected to sell out within a day.
- Registration for the Ronde van Vlaanderen for amateurs (We Ride Flanders) is open effective immediately.
- The draw for the Ötztaler Radmarathon (July 9, 2023) is open between 1-11 and 30-11. Results will follow in mid-December.
- Today at 10:00 the registration for the Tour des Stations on August 5 will open. Beside the existing ultra fondo, gran fondo and medio fondo a new super fondo (185km/6800hm) has been announced. And there are two new ultra events with the name Tour des Stations Ultimate:
555km/17000m+ and 1000km/26000m+.
- On Oct. 15, the Dutch village of Valkenburg will host a grand farewell for Philip Gilbert. Among other things, there will be a sportive, of course with the Cauberg in it. More info here.
- The Kitzbüheler Radmarathon (27-8) is adding a new, shorter route to the event. The route is similar to the granfondo but without the dreaded Kitzbüheler Horn. This "mediofondo" is 209 km (instead of 217) and has about 3,700 meters of climbing (instead of 4,600).