Short news: registration date Strade Bianche nearby
CycloWorld continues to update you on all the news from the world of sportives, gran fondos, stage races and more.
- Perhaps the most frequently asked question in our mailbox: when will registration for the Strade Bianche open? The answer: yesterday you could already register for Il Lombardia (from the same organizer) and if you did so, you could also take the Strade Bianche right away. If you only want to ride the Strade Bianche, you can set your alarm on November 10 at 11:00. The tickets will probably be sold out within a few minutes. Don't feel like going through all that stress, our partner Velotours also offers all-in-one trips to include guaranteed start tickets.
- While we're on the subject of registrations for popular gran fondos: on November 19 at 10:00 am, registration for the Nove Colli (May 22, 2022) will open. It's the oldest gran fondo in the world, and it's extremely popular. Again, tickets usually sell out within minutes. CycloWorld reader and Nove Colli expert Florian Buijs has a tip for those interested: "create an account beforehand, that will save time".
- New routes for the GF Gavia e Mortirolo on June 26. Unfortunately, the Santa Cristina, the final climb of the long distance, has to be abandoned. According to the organization to "be able to optimize the logistics and safety of the roads". The gran fondo goes down from 170 km to 150 km and now has 3697m+ instead of 4200m+. It is what it is....
- The organizer of the GF Mont Ventoux is launching a new gran fondo: the GF Provence Occitane. There is already a date: May 1, 2022, Labor Day. It promises to be a magnificent event on the border of Provence, Ardèche and Languedoc. There are two routes: 155km/2300m+ and 75km/1100m+. In both distances the dreaded Mont Boquet will be climbed.
- In 2022 Bordeaux - Paris returns. This ultra of 650 km and 5600m+ will take place starting May 21.
- For America lovers: the program of the Gran Fondo National Series is known and registration is opened. Early birds get a 20% discount.
- 96% of all tickets for the Dreiländergiro are now sold, says the organizer on Facebook. So hurry up if you want to ride this border-crossing gran fondo.