Short news: Strade Bianche, ORM, Nove Colli and more
In this section we compile news on sportives, gran fondos, multi-day events and other cycling events.
- The registration for the draw for the Ötztaler Radmarathon 2023 opened yesterday. This year's ORM will take place for the first time in July, on the 9th. Registration for the draw is open until Nov. 30. Results will follow in mid-December.
- Chasing Cancellara Flanders had its first edition last year, but will not have a sequel in 2023. The concept didn't catch on well enough, thanks in part to beastly weather.
- The versatile Belgian multi-day event LCMT is scrapping the gran fondo, but is working hard to create a gravel event. More info at the website.
- Virtually the entire GFNY program for 2023 is known.
- The final program of the UCI Gran Fondo World Tour is likely to be announced next week, Erwin Vervecken informs us.
- The longest distance of the Alpenbrevet (the Platin tour) is sold out.
- The oldest gran fondo in the world, Nove Colli, adds an ultra-short distance short of 60 km with 650m+. The event, by the way, will take place on May 21, 2023
- L'Étape du Tour will take place next year on July 9. The amateurs will ride from Annemasse to Morzine, good for 152 km and 4100 meters of climbing. Registration opens today. Don't wait too long, as it usually fills up within hours.
- Gloriousgravel, a major organization of gravel rides in the UK, is coming Nov. 3 with their 2023 calendar.
- BIKE Transalp (July 9-15, 2023) will have its 25th edition this year. As of this edition, this has become an official UCI S1 race, which means UCI points can thus be earned. By the way, an interesting early bird discount promotion is currently running. Those who register now get a €150 discount.