Short news: TOUR Transalp, Haute Route and more
It's been a while, but we're back with a packed edition of our short news. Stay tuned, even in winter!
- It's Black Friday today. TOUR Transalp has a nice promotion, a ticket now costs 849 euro instead of 1049 euro. Be quick, because there are only 50 places at this special price.
Also read: the best Black Friday deals for cyclists
- Not every new event in our calendar makes the short news. But some are so special they deserve some extra attention. How about Les Grands 8. Three 24-hour tours in the Alps (30-7), Pyrenees (2-7) and on and around Mont Ventoux (14-5) respectively. You guessed it: 8 cols and a terrifying amount of climbing, up to 8300m+! More info on the site.
- If you want to ride the Velomediane (27-8), you can register from 3-1-2022, the organisation tells us.
- The route of the Haute Route Pyrenees is presented. Of course, it includes some big names, such as Aubisque and the Tourmalet. More info here.
- Subscription for the draw of the Elftstedentocht on 6 June opens on 1-12-2021. To find out exactly how it works read here.
- La Felice Gimondi, an Italian gran fondo, returns on 8-5-2022. Registration is already open.
- Registration for the Alpenbrevet (3-9) is open. Last year this event sold out, although it took a while.
- GFNY is launching another new gran fondo, the GFNY Villard de Lans, in the Vercors. Date: 29-5, longest distance: 160 km / 3800m+. More info here.
- The LTD Gravelfest is the first victim of the current corona wave ravaging Europe. The event has been postponed until further notice.